The Tiroche DeLeon Collection in London, England is a must-see for anyone interested in contemporary art. Founded by Jean-Paul Tiroche and Lekha DeLeon, the collection showcases some of the most exciting and thought-provoking works from around the world.
Located in the heart of London, the Tiroche DeLeon Collection is spread over two floors of a beautiful Georgian townhouse. The collection features over 600 pieces, including paintings, sculptures, photographs, and installations, by artists from more than 40 countries.
One of the most striking things about the Tiroche DeLeon Collection is the diversity of the artwork on display. From large-scale installations to delicate watercolours, there is something to appeal to every taste. The collection is also notable for its focus on emerging artists, many of whom are not yet well-known outside their home countries.
Among the highlights of the collection are works by Iranian artist Farhad Moshiri. Moshiri's glittering, bejewelled canvases are breathtaking in their intricacy and attention to detail. Other notable works include a haunting video installation by South African artist Candice Breitz, which explores the phenomenon of celebrity, and a series of powerful paintings by Nigerian artist Njideka Akunyili Crosby, which address issues of identity and displacement.
The Tiroche DeLeon Collection is not only a showcase for contemporary art but also a platform for dialogue and engagement. The collection hosts regular talks, events, and exhibitions that explore the themes and ideas behind the artworks on display. Visitors are encouraged to engage with the art and to think critically about the issues raised by the artists.
For those who are unable to visit the Tiroche DeLeon Collection in person, the collection's website offers a virtual tour of the gallery space, as well as an online gallery of selected works. The website also includes information about upcoming exhibitions and events, as well as a blog that features interviews with artists and curators.
Overall, the Tiroche DeLeon Collection is a testament to the power of contemporary art to challenge, inspire, and provoke. Through its commitment to showcasing emerging artists from around the world, the collection offers a unique perspective on the issues and ideas that shape our world today. Whether you are an avid art lover or simply curious about the world around you, a visit to the Tiroche DeLeon Collection is not to be missed.
- "New contemporary art collection opens in London," published by The Guardian on November 8, 2015, discusses the opening of the Tiroche DeLeon Collection in London, highlighting some of the notable artists and artworks on display.
- In "Candice Breitz's 'Love Story' debuts at the Tiroche DeLeon Collection," published by ArtAsiaPacific on January 17, 2017, the author discusses an exhibition of Candice Breitz's work at the Tiroche DeLeon Collection, focusing on her video installation "Love Story."
- "African artists in the spotlight at Tiroche DeLeon Collection," published by The Art Newspaper on March 7, 2018, discusses an exhibition at the Tiroche DeLeon Collection that showcases contemporary African art, including works by Njideka Akunyili Crosby.
- In "Collecting Art in a Digital World: Q&A with Lekha DeGroot DeLeon," published by Artsy on August 1, 2019, the co-founder of the Tiroche DeLeon Collection, Lekha DeLeon, discusses the collection's origins, mission, and future plans.
- Finally, in "Tiroche DeLeon Collection expands with new gallery space," published by Artforum on October 14, 2020, the author reports on the expansion of the Tiroche DeLeon Collection's gallery space in London, which will allow for more ambitious exhibitions and events in the future.