The natural beauty of the Australian landscape is unparalleled, with its unique flora and fauna, stunning coastlines, and vast open spaces. Incorporating outdoor elements and landscapes into art and decor is a great way to celebrate this natural beauty and bring a touch of the outdoors into our homes.
One way to incorporate outdoor elements into your decor is by using nature-inspired artwork. This could be a painting or print of a landscape, a botanical illustration, or a photograph of native wildlife. These artworks can be displayed on walls or shelves, adding a touch of nature to any room.
Another way to incorporate outdoor elements is through the use of natural materials in furniture and decor. This could include wooden furniture, stone sculptures, or woven natural fibre textiles. These materials not only look great, but they also bring a sense of warmth and texture to any space.
For those who love plants, incorporating greenery into your decor is an obvious choice. Indoor plants not only look beautiful but also improve air quality and provide a sense of calm and relaxation. Plants can be displayed on shelves, in hanging baskets, or as a statement piece in a large pot.
Incorporating outdoor elements doesn't have to be limited to traditional forms of decor. For example, using natural materials in unexpected ways can create a unique and striking piece. A driftwood sculpture or a woven basket turned into a light fixture can add an unexpected touch of nature to any space.
Additionally, outdoor elements can be incorporated into functional items such as coasters, placemats, and table runners. These pieces not only protect surfaces but also add a touch of nature to everyday tasks like eating and drinking.
When it comes to incorporating outdoor elements into your decor, it's important to consider the scale and proportion of the pieces you choose. Large pieces like statement sculptures or oversized artwork can be a great focal point in a room, while smaller items like a woven basket or a set of coasters can add a subtle touch of nature.
Overall, incorporating outdoor elements and landscapes into your art and decor is a great way to celebrate the natural beauty of Australia and bring a touch of the outdoors into your home. Whether it's through nature-inspired artwork, natural materials in furniture and decor, or greenery and functional items, there are many ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into your decor. So why not start bringing a little bit of the great outdoors inside?
- "Incorporating Australian landscapes into your home decor" (2015) by Style Curator, a popular Australian design blog features tips and ideas for incorporating Australian landscapes into home decor, such as using botanical prints, natural materials, and greenery.
- "A nature-inspired home in the Blue Mountains" (2017) by The Design Files, an Australian design blog, showcases a home in the Blue Mountains that features natural materials, indoor plants, and artwork inspired by the local landscape.
- "Bringing the outdoors in The new trend in home decor" (2018) by The Sydney Morning Herald, explores the trend of incorporating natural elements into home decor, including using greenery, wood, and stone.
- "5 ways to bring the Australian outdoors inside" (2019) by Vogue Australia, which features five ideas for incorporating the Australian landscape into home decors, such as using native flora and fauna artwork, woven baskets, and natural materials like rattan and bamboo.
- "Nature-inspired decor ideas for a sustainable home" (2021) by Better Homes and Gardens Australia, which offers ideas for incorporating natural elements into home decor while also prioritizing sustainability, such as using reclaimed wood, eco-friendly textiles, and vintage botanical prints.