Decorating with metallics and shimmery accents is a fantastic way to add glamour and luxury to your home. From gold and silver to bronze and copper, metallics are a popular choice for adding shine, texture and sophistication to any room. Whether you prefer a subtle shimmer or a bold, glitzy statement, there are many ways to incorporate metallics into your decor scheme.
One of the easiest ways to add metallics to your home is with accessories. This could include items such as lamps, picture frames, vases, candles or decorative trays. Choose pieces that complement your existing decor, and don't be afraid to mix and match different metallic finishes for a more eclectic look. For example, a gold vase paired with a silver candle holder can create a stunning contrast.
Another way to incorporate metallics is through textiles. Metallic cushions, curtains or throws can add a touch of glamour to a sofa or bed. Metallic wallpaper can also create a dramatic focal point in a room, especially when paired with complementing metallic accents.
If you want to go all out with metallics, consider using them in larger features such as furniture. A metallic dining table or coffee table can be a stunning statement piece in a living room or dining room. Alternatively, a metallic bed frame or headboard can add a touch of opulence to a bedroom.
When using metallics, it's important to balance them out with other textures and materials to prevent them from overwhelming a room. For example, if you have a shiny metallic coffee table, balance it out with a plush, textured rug or a soft sofa. This will help to create a more harmonious, inviting space.
One thing to keep in mind when using metallics is to avoid overdoing it. Too much shine can make a room feel cold and unwelcoming. Instead, aim for a balanced mix of metallics and other textures to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
When it comes to colour schemes, metallics can be combined with a wide range of hues. They work particularly well with neutrals such as white, grey and beige, but can also be paired with bold colours such as navy or emerald green. Metallics can also be used to complement other finishes such as wood or stone, creating a more organic and natural look.
In conclusion, incorporating metallics and shimmery accents into your home decor is a great way to add a touch of glamour and luxury. From accessories to furniture, there are many ways to incorporate metallics into your decor scheme. Just remember to balance them out with other textures and materials to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. So go ahead and add some sparkle and shine to your home – you won't regret it!
- "Metallics Shine Through in Home Decor" - a 2015 article from The West Australian discussing the rise of metallics in home decor and offering tips on how to incorporate them into your home.
- "How to Decorate with Metallics in Your Home" - a 2017 article from Vogue Australia that provides advice on using metallics to add glamour to your home, including tips on selecting colours and finishes.
- "Metallics and Shimmering Accents Add Glamour to Your Home" - a 2019 article from Homes to Love that showcases a range of metallic decor ideas, from metallic wallpaper to gold leaf detailing.
- "The Do's and Don'ts of Decorating with Metallics" - a 2020 article from Real Living Australia that offers practical tips on using metallics in your home decor, including advice on how to mix different finishes and textures.
- "10 Ways to Add Metallics to Your Home Decor" - a 2021 article from Better Homes and Gardens Australia that provides 10 practical and stylish ways to incorporate metallics into your home, from metallic light fixtures to mirrored furniture.