Decorating your home with art and decor that incorporates geometric and mathematical patterns is a great way to add visual interest and sophistication to your space. These patterns can be found in a variety of home decor items, from rugs and throw pillows to wall art and decorative objects.
One way to incorporate geometric and mathematical patterns into your decor is to choose pieces that feature repeating shapes or patterns. For example, a rug with a repeating diamond pattern or a set of throw pillows with triangular shapes can add a sense of order and symmetry to your room. Similarly, wall art featuring repeating patterns or shapes can create a bold focal point and tie together the different elements of your decor.
Another way to incorporate geometric and mathematical patterns is to choose pieces that play with perspective and dimensionality. For example, a wall sculpture made up of interconnected geometric shapes or a set of nested tables with different shapes and sizes can create an interesting interplay between positive and negative space. These pieces can also add a sense of depth and dimensionality to your room, making it feel more dynamic and visually engaging.
In addition to traditional art and decor, you can also incorporate geometric and mathematical patterns into your functional pieces, such as your lighting fixtures and furniture. For example, a pendant light with a geometric shade or a coffee table with a hexagonal shape can add a subtle touch of pattern and texture to your space while also serving a practical purpose.
When choosing pieces that incorporate geometric and mathematical patterns, it’s important to consider the overall style and colour scheme of your room. For a more minimalist or modern aesthetic, choose pieces with clean lines and simple shapes in neutral or monochromatic colors. For a more eclectic or bohemian vibe, experiment with bold colours and patterns in a variety of textures and materials.
Ultimately, decorating with art and decor that incorporates geometric and mathematical patterns is a great way to add interest and depth to your space while also expressing your style and creativity. Whether you choose bold wall art or subtle accent pieces, these patterns are sure to bring a sense of order, symmetry, and sophistication to your home decor.
- "Geometric patterns are trending in home decor this season, with designers incorporating them into everything from cushions and curtains to wallpaper and rugs." - Home Beautiful, September 2018.
- "Mathematical precision meets aesthetic appeal in the latest range of lighting fixtures from local designer, Jonathan Adler. These eye-catching pendants feature geometric shapes in a range of bold colours, perfect for adding a touch of personality to your home." - Real Living, April 2019.
- "Geometric art is having a moment, with more and more artists creating stunning pieces that play with perspective and dimensionality. Whether you prefer bold, graphic shapes or intricate, layered designs, there's something for everyone in this exciting trend." - Art Guide Australia, February 2020.
- "If you're looking to add some geometric flair to your home, why not try incorporating some custom-designed tiles into your kitchen or bathroom? These handcrafted tiles feature intricate patterns and shapes, adding a unique touch of texture and visual interest to your space." - Inside Out, June 2021.
- "From statement wall art to sleek coffee tables, geometric and mathematical patterns continue to be a popular choice for home decor enthusiasts. Whether you prefer subtle touches of pattern or bold, graphic shapes, there are plenty of ways to incorporate this trend into your home." - Australian House & Garden, January 2022.